On October 16th, DallasVegan.com presents the inaugural Texas State Veggie Fair. The Texas State Veggie Fair combines cruelty free vegan food options like veggie corny dogs with cutting edge acoustic and electronic musical acts. We're excited to announce the final lineup of food vendors, bands, and other entertainment:
- Vegan Fried Food Contest: A vegan fried food contest featuring judges prominent in the Dallas food scene including: Teresa Gubbins from Pegasus News, Lisa Petty from NBC DFW, Matt McCallister – Executive Chef from Stephan Pyles, and Stephen Doyle from the Dallas Observer.
- Vegan fair food for purchase: Local vegan food heavy-hitters such as Spiral Diner, Tough Cookie Bakery, and the soon to be opening V-Spot Veggie Café will offer treats such as vegan corn dogs, Frito pie, and funnel cakes.
- Entertainment lineup: An eclectic mix of acoustic, rock, and electronic entertainment from the likes of Saboteur, Adam and the Ancient Gods, Jessie Williams, Joe Ray, Todi Stronghands, Mike Townsend & James Genova, Here Holy Spain, Rocket for Ethiopia, The Hormones.
- Animal friendly organizations: Local and national organizations dedicated to education and awareness of animal rights and other vegetarian/vegan issues will attend, including: Mercy For Animals, Black Vegetarian Society of Texas, Animal Connection of Texas, and Dallas Vegetarians.
- Kid friendly enjoyment: Children can play fun carnival games for prizes, enjoy a bounce-house, and family-friendly performances throughout the day from clowns, fire dancers, and more.